Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is one of the Top MNC when we talk about IT Consultancy and outsourcing, at the same time it is one of the mass recruiting company in india, who recruit freshers and laterals in hundreds to thousands. That is the reason most of the freshers are inclined towards TCS placements every year. Since last couple of years starting from late 2002 to 2011 TCS is continuously hiring freshers in bulk. Being a fresher it is one of the best company to start the career and one of the easiest placement exam which can be cracked and is cracked by thousands every year. Today we are going to discuss about TCS off campus placement tips and how you can get into TCS by following simple tips.
Before going into the detail, one should always keep in mind that TCS has certain requirements for studying students, which can vary college to college and city to city. That means TCS recruiting at IITs does not have any creteria for written test , but for others they have. Before you come to any conclusion take a look whether you are qualifying the TCS criteria or not.
TCS Off Campus Criteria (For B.E/B.Tech Holders)
Appearing Candidate must have 60% of marks through out, starting from 1oth to graduation.
Only Students are allowed to sit in exam who have gap less than 2 years with proper reason for gap.
No Backlogs uptill studying semester/year.
Now you have understood the minimum qualification required to appear for written test of TCS, time to talk about the pattern of place written exam.
TCS Off Campus Selection Process
Pattern is as simple as the whole placement process,like every other placement exam TCS follow the very general exam pattern consisting of :-
1) Aptitude Test (Written or Online)
2) Technical Test
3) Group Discussion ( Optional Sometimes)
So the test consist of total 4 rounds on whole, the first two round are critical and most of the time judging factor, the other two rounds has less importance and one with decent communication skills and extracurricular in nature would be able to crack them easily.
how you can have 80% of selection chances if you prepare this way :-
1) Never Start Preparing for Aptitude Tests for Companies like TCS from scratch, i.e buying reasoning and aptitude books and solving them one by one is not the right approach. Always remember you have to work smart to get the best.
2) Written Test of TCS combines QA + LR altogether, before getting into any conclusion one must browse previous years placement papers, this will give you the broader picture of pattern followed, topics covered and tweaks in every release. Most of the time it has been observed that the placement papers doesnt changes for recent exams held, so if you can get the one held during past last week you have good chances of conversion.
3) TCS Placement Paper contains 35 questions which need to be solved in 90 minutes including one third negative marking implementation. You have to make ensure that your accuracy should be high and you shouldnt attempt the questions which you are not sure about. sometimes people with 10 question attempted have better chances of getting selected then students with 20-25 questions.
4) Technical round is just next step if you made through the first round, this round tests your technical ability towards your branch opted, subject studied and interest. So if you are from Electronics background make sure you are sound enough in your core subjects which you will mentioned as fav one. Same as if you highlight some programming languages like c/c++ as your expertise, the interviewer can ask you some basic tweaks that test principle knowledge in subject.
5) HR round is considered as formality round which tests the communication and confidence level of student. So if you are one who used to fear a lot and weak in communication and made it through every round, then you must work a lot here just be confident speak well and do not hesitate if it is wrong even. People with excellent communication skill can consider them as part of TCS family from here.
Above mention five steps are the simple and basic approach to get into any aptitude test specially TCS, Career in TCS for fresher from b&c grade colleges is like dream come true. So what are you waiting for start preparation TCS off campus 2012 is ready to knock the doors and you have to welcome it well.